Yesterday, when I got home from work and picked my mail up from the
basket on the coffee table, I found an ominous little postcard.  The
card read the Rattlesnake U. 30th Reunion scheduled for this weekend has
been canceled.  Sorry for any inconvienece call 1-800-666-7734 the
alumni office.

Well, I knew this was going to happen.  Being computer literate, I read
the website of Mudsuck Gazette&Mail which is WV's largest newspaper
almost everyday.  This weeks front-page news was that a White Christian
Identity Separatist Conference was being held in Mudsuck and that they
had taken up all of the hotel and motel rooms with in a 30 mile radius
of Mudsuck.  So, no room at the inn for the Rattlesnakes.  This was as
people used to say a bummer.  I was looking forward to a weekend of
trick shooting, moonshine drinking and being chased by 50 some year old
co-eds in the woods.  Oh, well!

Meanwhile there is academic trouble at Rattlesnake U.  The head of the
Snake Handling Department and Renowned Professor of Speaking in Tongues
has decided to call it quits. This is a blow to us Rattlesnakes who are
into the liberal arts and sciences.  Just think of all the time the good
doctor spent teaching your uncle Opie to speak in tongues.  Then to make
matters worse the Esteemed Professor of Reading and Writing has
announced that he is taking a one year sabbatical to an island of the
coast of Alaska. This may have something to do with a lack of Sears
Catalogs available to his department.

Getting back to Yugoslavia.  The head of the Rattlesnake U. Department
of Genealogy is a Yugoslavian expert.  I think he is smart enough not to
start any shit between the Croats and the Serbs, because that would be
like starting shit down on the Tug River in WV.  You could get killed in
the crossfire. Because both groups got more in common with each other
than they do with you!  America has yet to learn this lesson.  This is
sort of the Kucinich-Kasich tune and let's not forget Tito was a Croat
and so are Kucinich and Kasich.  Stopping the bombing, calling a peace
conference at a ski resort and letting the Albanians know before hand
they are not going to be selling any powdered white lighting in Kosovo
would be a good start.

Your email pal,

Tom L.