> Max Sawicky wrote,
>
> >Declaiming against capitalism per se, even with an endless
amount
of lurid detail, is an utter waste of time as far as politics is
concerned.

> And what of the legitimacy of a totalitarian "politics" that
makes fundamental questioning of the political economy a "waste
of time"? >

Now now.  How can I be a totalitarian?  I can't even compel my
colleagues at EPI to buy my line on Social Security.

I did allow that the questioning is useful in an intellectual
context, which does have political ramifications.

Question all you like.  I'm listening.  We capitalist ideologues
like to keep on top of that stuff.

mbs