At 11:51 AM 4/20/99 -0400, Tom Lehman wrote:
>"Another concern is that the Republicans will successfully elect a new
>national team in this country next year, partly by playing off against
>the
>perceived failure of the Democratic administration's Kosovo policy.  In
>this,
>they will follow the lead of Eisenhower, who successfully argued in 1952
>that
>he would clean up the Democratic mess in Korea."
>
>The above was written to me by a prominent Philadelphia area Democrat
>this morning.

Democrats fully deserve it.  They had a chance to remove the louse from the
office - and they refused to do so.  They will pay the price of they
short-sightedness at the next election.

I can almost hear those champaigne corks already popping up in GOP
quarters. Kosovo is their deux-ex-machina solution of the Lewinsky affair
fallout.

Wojtek