One-Year Sabbatical Replacement Position in Economics
Drew University, Madison, NJ

The Department of Economics at Drew University is inviting applications
for a one-year sabbatical replacement position for the 1999-2000 academic
year.  Our primary fields of interest are economic development and
comparative systems.  The teaching load is two courses in the fall and
three courses in the spring.  Teaching responsibilities will include a
course in economic development and comparative systems or a course on a
specific region of the world, a course on race, class and gender, and
possibly two principles of macroeconomics courses.

Our highest prioritiy is excellence in teaching, so we are searching for
candidates with teaching experience.  We would prefer hiring a candidate
with a Ph.D., but candidates who are A.B.D. will also be considered.

Please send a curriculum vitae, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and
three letters of recommendation to

Prof. Dorene Isenberg
Chair of Search Committee
Department of Economics
Drew University
36 Madison Avenue
Madison, NJ 07940

Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the
position is filled.  Drew University is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer.