Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> Sam wrote:
> <<Its the old Anthony Lewis/dove line that we should get out of the war
> because we are losing.>>
>
> Anthony Lewis, on the Balkan issues, have been consistently more hawkish
> than usual suspects, I think. Has he changed his tune?

Maybe, I only read the NYT sporadically now. I was referring more to the
generic Anthony Lewis position vis a vis the Vietnam War where we should get
out of the war because it cannot be won. The war is an issue of pragmatics,
not principle. This position has been taken with regards to Yugoslavia
today.The 'far left' of the mainstream political
  spectrum if you will. It is a position within the parameters of acceptable
discourse because it does not question the basic assumptions behind
U.S./European foreign policy. But Chomsky told us this a long time ago.

Sam Pawlett