>From Public Citizen [the coalition of organizations includes Preamble.]
------------------
A coalition of organizations have been developing a booklet describing what
the World Trade Organization (WTO) is, it's track record and what we can
expect to see in the upcoming Ministerial Meeting in Seattle (November 29 -
December 3). Some of you may remember the "MAI - Democracy for Sale?"
booklet that was produced in 1997 and distributed to activists. The WTO
Booklet will be similar to the one on the MAI. It will be business envelope
size with a 100 pound 3-color cover and 24 interior pages for text.

It's primary audience are activists and organizations in the U.S. It will
not require a lot of prior knowledge of the WTO or the globalization debate.
This booklet will be a key tool leading up the Ministerial, and beyond.
Order it now to make sure that your organization, fellow-activists, friends
and family can become educated on the WTO!

We are currently finalizing the booklet, and are planning to have it printed
and ready for shipment by the end of June.

Index for booklet:

The WTO and Corporate Globalization
What is the WTO and How It Works
The Record of the WTO: A Threat to Democracy, Health and the Environment
The Agreement on Agriculture
The SPS Agreement
The Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property (TRIPS) Agreement)
MAI in the WTO
Global Free Logging Agreement
Competition Policy
WTO & Procurement
What's up for the WTO in Seattle?
Take Action!
Glossary
Resources
Contacts

We have gotten a great deal from the printer, and depending on how many
booklets are ordered, they will cost between 29 and 38 cents.

WE ARE STARTING TO TAKE ORDERS FOR THE BOOKLET. PLEASE PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW!
Make out your checks directly to the printer. The amount of booklets you
receive depends on how many orders we get.

For more information contact Margrete Strand, Public Citizen's Global Trade
Watch, 202-546-4996/ [EMAIL PROTECTED]

***********************************

ORDER FORM FOR WTO BOOKLETS

Name_____________________________________________________________

Organization________________________________________________________

Address____________________________________________________________

Phone________________ E-mail__________________

Dollar amount of order $______________

Checks should be made out directly to the printer "Inkworks" and mailed with
the order form to Public Citizen, Attn.: Margrete Strand, 215 Pennsylvania
Ave, SE, Washington DC 20003.

**********************************
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed
included information for research and educational purposes.

Margrete Strand Rangnes
MAI Project Coordinator
Public Citizen Global Trade Watch
215 Pennsylvania Ave, SE
Washington DC, 20003 USA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
202-546 4996, ext. 306
202-547 7392 (fax)

To subscribe to our MAI Listserv send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], or
subscribe directly by going to our website,
www.tradewatch.org (Please indicate organizational affiliation if any, and
also where you found out about this listserv)

Search the MAI-NOT & MAI-INTL archives at http://lists.essential.org/

Robert Naiman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Preamble Center
1737 21st NW