From: "jay wisdom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 20:39:57 PDT
Subject: [BRC-MUMIA] Fwd: MILLIONS FOR MUMIA -- MESSAGE FROM THE ORGANIZERS

"Every generation has a moral assignment.
Ours is to save the life of Mumia Abu-Jamal" -- Ossie Davis

A MESSAGE FROM THE ORGANIZERS

The next nine months will be critical for the life of Mumia Abu-Jamal. By
the end of this year, Mumia will be in the federal courts. This will be his
only chance to present the witnesses and obtain the evidence that were
denied him by the Pennsylvania courts.

The Effective Death Penalty Act, signed into law on April 24, 1996, was
designed to make it almost impossible to have the federal courts review and
overturn unjust and racist acts by state courts. History teaches us that
justice does not come by the orderly workings of "the law," but through the
actions and demands of the people.

Our movement must now grow in a series of leaps, beginning with this great
demonstration today. From today forward, each day counts. Each of us must
return home as organizers on a mission.

Here are the crucial next steps:

1. Be in Philadelphia for the July 4th weekend march and organizers
conference, plus civil disobedience at the Liberty Bell at noon on July 3.
On-going civil disobedience actions through the year. Young people: come to
Philly Freedom Summer June 28 to July 11.

2. Build for the National Week for Justice for Mumia Abu-Jamal, September
19-25, a week of programs, teach-ins, and actions for Mumia throughout the
country, ending with "100 Cities for Mumia" mass actions on September 25.
Participate in the cultural events of "Mumia 911," a National Day of Art to
Stop the Execution of Mumia Abu-Jamal on September 11.

3. Take these plans out to organizations, churches, and unions in your
community. Get them to take it out to their people. Establish an emergency
response plan in the event of a new death warrant.

4. Join and be active in a national or local group or coalition working for
Mumia, and support the International Concerned Family and Friends of Mumia
Abu-Jamal.

MILLIONS FOR MUMIA

Int'l Concerned Family & Friends of Mumia Abu-Jamal, 215-476-8812
Academics for Mumia Abu-Jamal, 609-497-7918
Bruderhof, 724-329-8573
Campaign to End the Death Penalty, 312-409-7145
Free Mumia Coalition, 212-330-8029
Mobilization to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal, 415-821-0459
National Peoples Campaign, 212-633-6646
Refuse & Resist!, 212-713-5657