The Daily Telegraph is a sensationalist rag that was adulatory toward the
KLA only a month ago. What's interesting about the article is the alarm it
reflects about the KLA in certain powerful media circles. It parallels the
Times article on Albanian pogroms against Gypsies. Editors tell reporters
what to say and in this case the editors are beginning to follow the party
line that the KLA must be reined in. We can expect more of this as Nato and
western imperialism begins to define its own class interests more clearly.

At 01:05 PM 6/15/99 -0400, you wrote:
>"Swarthy"?
>
>>> Daily Telegraph, June 15, 1999
>
>Liberation of Kosovo: We will execute Serb troops, says KLA
>
>By Boris Johnson
>
>. . .  Processions of children presented posies of roses and kissed the
cheeks of
>the swarthy goons .  . . .  >>

Louis Proyect