I would greatly appreciate it if someone could spend a few paragraphs to get
me on the way to understanding what the current ruling class economic
ideology is these days. I would hazard that Monetarism &  supply side
variants are relatively discredited, while on the other hand, one sees 'The
Return of Keynes' in the press every now & then (but is this anything more
than Japan's desperation and the idle hope of a few collaborationist labour
leaders).  Is there a governing theory or just micro-economics and finance
regulation?