Date sent:              Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:17:58 -0400
From:                   Carmen MacDougall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:                listserv entry

We saw mention of the Carnegie Endowment on the note below, and I wanted
to correct the record.  The Carnegie Endowment for Inernational Peace is
not a grant-making institution and has not funded the Int'l War Crimes
Tribunal.  Since I'm not on the listserv, I thought I'd forward to you
for correction, as appropriate. Thanks.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Diana Johnstone was interviewed from Paris on our local (Vancouver)
lefty
radio station the other day and she claims the International War Crimes
Tribunal is funded by NATO governments as well as PRIVATE sources like
Soros and the Carnegie Endowment. It's a kangeroo court. Much of its
equipment was donated by the US gov't. The US gov't also gave 22
prosecutors to the tribunal for free. These claims can be verified by
looking at its website (I'm told). Sorry, don't have the URL. Johnstone
also claimes that it was set up in The Hague so people would confuse it
with the International Court of Justice also in The Hague that is a wing

of the U.N.  ...

Carmen MacDougall
Director of Communications
Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
1779 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036
voice: 202-939-2319
fax: 202-332-0925