You foks picked up on the first quote from Reinhardt that I posted, but
you haven't said anything about the second one.

    How does Reinhardt put a value on the time people spend on the phone
with  the clerks at the HMO begging and pleading for payment?  Is it
efficient, in his terms that the HMO bullying (his word) costs real hours
on the phone, never mind the psychological cost he mentions.

    And, separately, how does he measure the dollar value of lives lost,
and time lost, because people DIDN'T go to the ER when face with his
"psychological co-payment"?

Gene Coyle