> Ricardo,
>      I think we would be more inclined to fall at
> your feet in fawning admiration if you did not
> keep giving us major bloopers like this last one
> about large mammals.
>       Last time I checked there still are elephants
> in Asia.
> Barkley Rosser

Where do you get the nerve to talk about "bloopers" when each one of
your interventions/criticisms of my position has ended with a
correction on my part? Was it a (pseudo) Freudian slip? It is well
known that Australia/New Guinea, and the Americas were full of big
mammals, but around 17,000 to 12,000 years ago (in the Americas) they
disappeared, which so happens to have been the period when humans
migrated into that area. The same goes for Australia and Siberia: big
mammals there (as indicated by dating of fossil remains) disappeared
as humans arrived there.  Africa today has the
largest concentration of big mammals, because such animals there had
the fortune of adapting to a less effective, proto-human hunter, as
it evolved into homo sapiens.