Yes probably, but it is one push that should be supported, if it has any
possibility of improving labour standards. It is one that labour unions
should push in conjunction with labour groups in other countries.

----Original Message Follows----
From: Stephen E Philion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Michael was asking for new threads as alternatives to the You're
Eurocentric, no I'm not, i'm Sardonic thread...

Where should leftists stand on the push by activists in Seattle demanding
that the WTO have stronger labor rights enforcement provisions? Are these
demands the product of imperialist plots to make certain countries, i.e.
China, less able to compete with the US in global markets? This is the
argument that was frequently floated by officials I talked with in
China...

Steve

Rod Hay
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
The History of Economic Thought Archives
http://socserv2.mcmaster.ca/~econ/ugcm/3ll3/index.html
Batoche Books
http://members.tripod.com/rodhay/batochebooks.html
http://www.abebooks.com/home/BATOCHEBOOKS/