>>BTW, unless things have changed drastically, the guy some have dismissed as
>>"Eurocentric" (Bob Brenner) is a leader of Solidarity.
>
>Not that one thing has much to do with another, but Solidarity has just
>endorsed UN troops in East Timor, a clear violation of Marxist principles.
>
>Louis Proyect
>(http://www.panix.com/~lnp3/marxism.html)

Louis,

As one willing to have his mind changed by superior argument, regardless of
its geographical source, what would be the principled Marxist response to
the problems of East Timor? I am sufficiently familiar with the awful
history, and recognise the culpability, complicity, duplicity, involvement,
etc., of the Western powers. What I want to know is, what is to be done
given the present conjuncture?

Michael