Patrick Bond wrote:

>Agreed, Doug, that's exactly the point of this definition of what I
>take to be a progressive *nationalism* (namely that the power to
>regenerate national sovereignties will only be constituted to a
>large  extent through radical international and more precisely
>anti-world- state activism):

What kind of national sovereignties? No country in Africa could go it
alone in any meaningful way; there's got to be some kind of regional
integration, with specialization, division of labor, etc. What is a
nation-state in Africa, anyway? An inheritance of colonialism in both
concept and practice, right? There are lots of ethnic/national
tensions around state formation in your part of the world, aren't
there?

Doug