>It was worth watching to the end, the deaf lady disses Emmet big time...
>
>steve
>
>Stephen Philion

I actually had intended  to watch it until the end, but it was so painfully
inept that I couldn't watch past the first ten minutes. Leaving aside the
sheer repulsiveness of the central character, the film lacked even a
modicum of versimilitude. For example, the notion that a guitarist would
use a stage prop like the moon is just absurd. I can imagine Woody in his
townhouse sitting at his computer thinking about ways to make Ray look
foolish. "Great, I'll have him sit in a moon suspended from the ceiling."
The only person who comes across foolish is Allen. Jazz musicians did not
get involved with such devices. Maybe Woody was thinking of Alice Cooper or
David Bowie. Certainly not "the second greatest jazz guitarist in the
1930s." Basically I don't think that Woody has a clue about the history of
jazz.

Louis Proyect