Charles Brown wrote:

>Isn't Popper-Soros' concept of an "Open Society" ironic when the
>bourgeoisie rely so much on Secrecy ? What do Popper and Soros say about
>Open Secrets ?

Good point, Charles. If I may quote my review of Soros' book from LBO #88,
which was emailed to electronic subscribers last Friday and is in the mail
to print subscribers now:

<quote>
There are many such moments where Soros reveals his class loyalties; his
concept of openness has many limits. Were the IMF required to open up its
proceedings, consistent with the current fashion for "transparency," this
would stifle internal debate within the Fund. Therefore, "the search for
truth sometimes requires privacy," though he really means secret
consultations among elites. Some things, like international economic
policy, are too important to involve the public.

Towards the end of his manifesto, he writes: "Yes I believe that change is
possible. It must start from the top, as in most cases of revolutionary
regime change." That's the motive behind his network of foundations, which
operate in over 30 countries and disburse nearly half a billion dollars a
year. He writes as if it's the most natural thing in the world that a
billionaire should set political and cultural agendas through his
philanthropy.
</quote>

Doug