Jim Devine wrote:

>BTW, Doug, is this the comparison we want to make (pomotistas vs.
>neoclassical econ.)? isn't there a third alternative, like reading
>LBO?

Well of course. But I'm biased.

Carrol Cox wrote:

>The economists are clearly of the enemy, and are recognized as such by
>all on the left.

Yes, but I'm continually baffled by the energy with which a group of
progressive economists denounce "pomo," having otherwise shown little
interest in culture, philosophy, or "Theory." It's a little like old
vets getting together to re-fight the war, except there was no war.
Bashing postmodernists seems to satisfy some deep emotional need
among left political economists, as if it were some kind of
compensation for being so marginal.

Doug