Colin reminded us that the discussion on postmodernism seems to crop up
every couple years.  I cannot for the life of me understand why on this
list people get so much more energized discussing the subject, when
economic questions, such as the discussion of educational vouchers, seem
to get relatively little attention here.

I subscribe to the Sacramento Bee, which today had a headline suggesting
that higher oil prices might be leading to a recession.  I would think
that would be very important for us to be ready to explain why a
recession happened.  It would be easy to fob it off onto environmental
restrictions, that supposedly cause higher oil prices.  Or perhaps
excessive regulation or any of the other usual suspects.

Don't you think that we should be more interested in what's happening or
what is about to happen in the economy rather than debates about
literary criticism?

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department