>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 09/15/00 12:47PM >>>

>>Brad, Albright said that the sanctions would last as long as Saddam
>>remained in
>>power.  Saddam cannot buy water purification inputs which are much more
>>important than drugs.  Yes, Clinton is responsible.
>
>As I said, I think U.S. policy toward Iraq is a *big* mistake. But that
>does not mean that you should ignore the fact that Saddam Hussein wishes
>to use his foreign exchange for other purposes than public health.

Of course, Saddam doesn't care a bit about our opinions. The US power elite
doesn't either, but they _should_ care.

BTW, I don't think anyone on pen-l ever said that Saddam was a "good guy."
Rather, he seems like the type that the US usually allies with. Hey, the US
_was_ allied with him for quite awhile!

CB: Hey, maybe he had a really cool economic policy back then.