Re:  Pacifica and the Internet by Louis Proyect

PEN-L,

        KPFA radio walked the free speech talk in many ways.  One example was
providing air time for “conservatives” such as Cap Weinberger and members of
the John Birch Society.
        I, too, thought that the POV documentary on the history of KPFA radio was
weakest when covering the current attack by the Democratic Party operatives
on the Pacifica Foundation national board.
        By the way, the late Mama O’ Shea had a splendid public affairs show on
KPFA and was fired not long before Bill Mandel was given his walking papers.
  Economist Doug Dowd has boycotted KPFA since O’Shea’s dismissal, if I’m
not mistaken.  Dowd used to be a regular on KPFA, dialoguing with people
such as economist Paul Baran.

Seth Sandronsky