Max Sawicky wrote:

> I suppose if others predict crisis every six months or so, and I never
> predict one, eventually they'll be right and I'll be wrong.  What's the
> opposite of a broken clock that's right once a day?  Maybe an electric
> clock that keeps the right time until the lights go out.

I predicted that summer in Vancouver would last to the third week in
September. And it has. From my perspective we are still "in" the last
crisis, which so far has shown itself remarkably pliant to crisis
management and/or the crisis management itself has been uncannily
successful. I don't see anything in the current bundle of "concerns" to
upset that success, so things could get messy for some folks (as they have
been messy for other folks for years) without setting off a red alert.

On the other hand, if there is a "soft-landing", and if the moderate
slowdown persists for a few quarters more than is comfortable THEN things
might start getting a bit dicey.

Tom Walker
Sandwichman and Deconsultant
215-2273