En relación a [PEN-L:2367] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dissolving h,
el 26 Sep 00, a las 23:14, Doug Henwood dijo:

> Carrol Cox wrote:
>
> >According to Doug (answering a question at the marxism 2000 plenary
> >he spoke at) the economics profession is intellectually and morally
> >bankrupt.
>
> Yeah, I got a little carried away there, didn't I?

With all respects due to serious economists, the general idea that
one can get from the actual operation of economics today (in
Argentina, at least) is more or less like that of a pseudo-knowledge
such as the "science" explained by the High Priests in the early
agricultural empires.

According to that science, it was necessary to build enormous
monuments in order to ensure the timely arrival of a flood or the end
of a drought (Egypt, Nazca), or to effect ritual murders in order to
ensure that the Sun will appear again next year (Tenochtitlan).

Current economists are more like their Nazca counterparts, however,
in that while the "scientists" in Egypt or the Anahuac could show the
"results" of their practices (the Nile flooded the valley again, the
Sun always rose on the East), the Peruvian community was finally
wiped away by centuries of drought and famine.

In the end, I would consider more scientific the behaviour of the
Great Priest of Amon than the behaviour of the leaders of the IMF.
The former, at least, could produce evidence of the adequacy of their
propositions...

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
[EMAIL PROTECTED]