You are right, Louis, damned right in your comparison.

I have witnessed the mushrooming and growth of gated communities in Buenos
Aires, my home town, and they work as a clear reminder of the deep illnesses
in our society. The same happened in Santiago de Chile, where, ironies of
history, the first settlers of the New Iron Gated World were progressives and
leftists who were relatively well-to-do, and justified themselves by
explaining that they wished to lock themselves away from Pinochetian everyday
life.

Gated communities, kibbutzim amidst Palestinians, Ulster, glittering
Manhattan
with "rogues" in Bedlam, Batman sending supercriminals to the Mental Health
House of Metropolis. This is a whole structure, of objectivity and
subjectivity.

This is the structure of decaying, ragged, capitalism and the rule of the
Dead
over the Living.

A good one, indeed!

Lic. Néstor M. Gorojovsky
Dirección de Estadísticas del Sector Primario
Instituto Nacional de Estadística y Censos
Argentina

Tel.: (0541) 349-9728

Louis Proyect