Poor Peoples Movements.
Cloward and Piven.

This time, what we're looking for is a book that provides a detailed
analysis of a modern social movement, preferably one with at least some
success.  The purpose is to incorporate it in a course on political
economy, so that students have an opportunity to analyze the strategies
available to activists and improve their own activism.  It would be nice
if there were such a book on the movement in LA, for instance, so that
class, racial, cultural, and environmental issues could be examined
simultaneously -- but any multifaceted progressive movement might do.

Just to be clear, I'm not interested in books that celebrate particular
struggles, but ones that get into the nitty-gritty of movement
organization and strategy.

Peter