Tom Walker wrote:

> Uhm. Could you perhaps elaborate on how moderating one's own consumption
> could in any way be construed as "completely futile & even counter-productive"?

The context for this I suppose is the claim, sometimes quite explict, that the
moderation
is a political act. Engels complained well over a century ago about the rabble of
(among other things) vegetarians at the margins of the workers' movement. I doubt
he would have complained about personal vegetarianism for strictly personal
reasons.
On the recent John Bellamy Foster cyberseminar someone explained that she/he did
not have the book yet because [an "of course!" implicit here] s(he) would not buy
from any of the corporate stores and the friendly corner bookstore didn't have
it in stock. Repellant!

Carrol