From: Austin, Andrew [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2000 11:39 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: [PEN-L:5871] RE: RE: co-ops + human behavior

In order to know how genetics "limits" us, we would need to know what we
would otherwise be capable of if but for our genetic structure (the facts of
which we do not fully understand, let alone what we might dream up). This is
something of a nonfalsifiable proposition, isn't it, if we depart from the
obvious (like we cannot fly unaided because we have no wings)? Since the
discussion appears to presuppose social behavioral genes, the argument
strikes me as absurd.

Andrew Austin
Green Bay, WI