Charles Brown wrote:

>CB: Here's some enlightenment on this news from a writer in _Feed_.
>The above is on the same "slowdown", and worthy of note.

Yup, the slowdown is worthy of note, as is what course it will take.
But I've also spent the last 9 years writing and talking about the
U.S. expansion, trying to divine its sources and nature. I haven't
seen too many other "progressive economists" or their fellow
travellers doing the same. I spent a lot of time in the early and
mid-90s arguing with people who said the expansion wasn't happening,
too. As you said earlier, it's called the "business cycle," but over
the last 50 years or so, the cycle has been in its expansionary phase
about 3/4 of the time. Judging from PEN-L posts, you'd never know
that.

Doug