Doug is right, the majority of posts on the economy on PEN-L -- including
mine -- are about getting excited when there is a crisis.

But I wonder if that is because there is a steady stream of cheerleading
about how wonderful the free market is -- so that I (we) react to it?  The
newsreaders on TV are very happy when the Dow Jones goes up.  The San
Francisco Chronicle headlines a 0.1 point drop in the unemployment rate and
buries a 0.1 point increase on the inside.  So are we just reacting to that?

Gene