>>at the 2000 ASSA, a fellow from MIT (whose name I've forgotten) presented
>>evidence on the interest rate effect for business fixed investment,
>>indicating that one had to torture the data to find it. Doing so, such
>>issues as capacity utilization seemed much more important. However, the
>>interest rate effect seems to work with housing investment.
>>
>>Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] & http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~JDevine
>
>The export channel is there too... but with *long* and *variable* lags...

yeah, though long and variable lags seem to be the norm....

BTW, the MIT fellow's name was (and is) Ricardo Caballero.

BTW2, thanks for the useful economic clichés. Please keep them coming. I'm
sure Brad has some good ones, though he probably doesn't use them.

Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] &  http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~jdevine