From: Jim Devine [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 4:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PEN-L:7878] Re: Re: RE: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: de Soto

At 01:16 PM 2/7/01 -0500, you wrote:
>       Well, what George is most famous for today
>(and was at least somewhat famous for in his own
>day) is his advocacy of a single tax on land as a
>general solution to many economic problems.

I understand that there are Georgians [followers of Henry G.] who argue
that in practice _all_ taxes end up being paid by owners of naturally
scarce resources in the end. One or two used to be at the University of
California-Riverside (Mason Gaffney being one).

Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] &  http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~jdevine