It was Rachel's Health and Environment News #722 that most recently
addressed arsenic. It's currently online at
<http://www.rachel.org/bulletin/index.cfm?St=1>.

The EPA estimated that the annual cost of implementing a 10 ppb
standard would be $181 million. Considering the benefits, this is
extremely cheap. The price is probably an overestimate, as experience
shows from  previous cost-benefit analyses of environmental regulations
later implemented at lower cost. In economics, cleanliness is next to
efficiency.

(At a later date, the Rachel's article should be in the archives at
<http://www.rachel.org/>.)

Andrew Hagen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]