One thing to note about the HDI: as far as I know HDI values are not
comparable from year to year.  Each year's index is standardized within
the range of countries.  In other words it is not based solely on a
country's performance but rather relativized.

Moreover, many of the international organizations do not do their own data
collection but rather rely on the data that a government gives them.

Marty Hart-Landsberg