In a message dated 5/16/2001 11:49:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I also like the way you try to
incoporate Kant into your account.  But I am not sure exactly what
it is about this incomparable thinker that attracts you enough to
include him.

In looking at the eonic effect pattern, we see it is only a matter of time,
barring total mind control, which can't be ruled out,  before
darwin-sociobiological  and purely one-dimensional accounts of positivistic
history fail and crash.   At that point Kant, like him or not, is useful for
disciplining the equally futile types of metaphysical history that can arise
through speculation. He is taken as metaphysical, but that is misleading.

It is a coming crisis! Look at the times article on the intelligent design
movement a few weeks ago. The pendulum is swinging, or am I being alarmist?
Look who finally got the job done on challenging Darwinism? Philip Johnson
and his lot. His influence has been tremendous. The entire technical elite
couldn't manage it.

A further use of Kant is his incomparable though perhaps incomplete analysis
of teleology and causality latent in the progression of his critiques.
Once positivistic history crashes, teleological baloney will flourish. Kant's
'antinomy of mechanism and teleology' is a good discipline. Marx's theory
clearly echoes this.
My eonic effect provides a good exercise in this most treacherous and
ambiguous shadow area where 'directionality' is apparent, looking backward.

John Landon
author
World History and the Eonic Effect
[EMAIL PROTECTED]