G'day Michael,

> Mr Rich and Mr Keeling further antagonised their paymasters by
> awarding themselves multimillion dollar bonuses last year.

Yeah, about $14.5 million.  Unfortunate, that - as the word is that this is
just about the amount of the accumulated entitlements that the company's
workers look like missing out on.  In Oz, businesses are allowed to use
workers' entitlements, coz our prime minister reckons making bosses keep their
hands off their workers' money would be a draconian fetter on business.

> Administrators said it would be business as usual for customers of   > the company
>until further notice.

Except that the company whose wire One-Tel was leasing have cut off all
customers who would not immediately transfer their business to them.  So,
unless One-Tel's ambitious overseas investments are paying off large (and this
brave new world of competition ain't doing most telcos anywhere much good),
One-Tel and most of its workers (those not absorbed by the company who's just
about done 'em out of a job) are for the high jump.

As for messrs Jamie and Lachlan, ain't there an old saying about third
generations in such dynasties?

Cheers,
Rob.