Actually, Mark privately criticized me for that part of the book.  I
mostly agreed with him, but I did not have time to take advantage of his
comments.  Still, on the whole, there were stong similarities between the
two.

I did not look at much of the international contribution because I was
trying to understand the process as it was reflected in political economy.
The political economists that followed the mercantalists rarely
acknowledged the contribution of imperialism.

Besides my understanding of the Indian/Irish/Carribean nexus is not as
strong as it should be.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department