All very convincing to me, Lou.  But not of much interest to an East Timorese
woman dumbly (or hysterically - different strokes and all that) contemplating
her decapitated baby, her butchered husband and her own imminent rape and
murder.  That's what we're talking about here, and on a biggish scale.
Specific horror in specific time and space - to which specific responses are
to be supported or otherwise.  I'm against everything Oz did, for 35 long
brutal years, right up to this point - then things had been arranged (whether
with demonic intent or plain old orientalist careless stupidity) such that no
tenable alternative was available.

As I say, each case on the merits of the moment.

Cheers,
Rob.