Doug, we do not know the answers to your question.  The problem is that
our present course also threatens the lives of innumerable people.

There is a crying need to learn more about this -- something that is made
difficult because so much science depends upon corporate support.

I don't think that anybody here is calling for a romantic return to the
past.  Instead, the issue is how to stave off a catastrophe.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 530-898-5321