Max Sawicky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Why not read it and find out for yourself
> instead of demolishing the straw men of
> your imagination.
Yes, yes Max, my damn imagination: I hallucinate (as you put it) that Lind
is a nativist and a right winger  (by the way, there are interesting things
to be said about hallucinatory nature of the commodity, but this is not the
list to disucss Walter Benjamin) . I write a long, substantial reply to your
reasonable argument that American labor is justified in using policy
(presumably including trade sanctions) to prevent global outsourcing,
and you say not a word.  I don't have time to read the EPI report right
now; but I do know that in your call for fair trade to be a top priority for the
American progressive movement (you see I do read what you write here,
and I did read the EPI report on the China-WTO controversy), you have
neither clarified what you mean by "fair trade" (and what you think should
be allowed in its defense) nor ever criticized unfair trade practices by the
US.
Rakesh