Tom Walker writes:

<<<But, contrary to the Hazlitt/Bastiat dictum, not every technological
advance
contributes to the welfare of the community either. There is a much more
complex balance of livelyhoods and relationships at stake than can be
answered by the formula, "more stuff is better". Blind worship of the supply
side is no less blind than blind worship of demand management. Nothing
personal, David, but "we have designed a system that routinely puts farmers
out of work, so why can't we do the same for lawyers?">>>

I agree entirely.

Well, not entirely.  The conservative side of me agrees with you.  But the
libertarian side of me believes that any proposed cure would be worse than
the disease.

If we eliminated lawyers, what would aggressive, argumentative, anal,
overeducated liberal arts types do?

David Shemano