right. I think one major point is that it's useful to do regressions (like
Mike Reich) of "ecological" independent variables vs. a "ecological"
dependent variable for SMSAs or some other geographical units, whereas (if
I understand it correctly), Deaton's result is "ecological" independent
variables" vs. individual dependent variables.

Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] &  http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~jdevine