Just glanced at the NYT webpage. David Sanger byline, "U.S.
Will Not Object to Chinese Missile Buildup." (Course when you
only have 18-20 nuclear missiles, even 100 times that is only
about half of what the USA currently has under the START II treaty
limits with the fSU. My numbers about right? I'm not gonna wade
through DoD or CDI webpgs. at the moment...Michael Pugliese
>From: Jim Devine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Date: 9/1/01 1:49:34 PM
>

>At 01:01 PM 09/01/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>>The purpose of the new approach, administration officials say,
is to
>>convince China that the administration's plans for a missile
shield are
>>not aimed at undercutting China's relatively small nuclear
arsenal, but
>>rather intended to counter threats from so-called rogue states.
>
>maybe the purpose to create a "rogue state" in order to justify
Star Wars?