Rob wrote:
>Well, It doesn't look like too much growing is in the offing (see short report
>on Japanese consumption projections and consumer sentiment) until some capital
>eats itself towards new profitability and investment possibilities (look for
>major indigestion in both  the domestic banking sector and the US equity
>markets, per Kenichi Ohmae's thesis - I reckon they can feed all the Fed
>electrodes they like into the Wall St cat now; it won't be bouncing after
>today).

the "grow or die" tendency of capitalism isn't always realized. "GoD" leads
to over-accumulation either relative to natural constraints (à la David
Ricardo or Mark Jones) or by creating its own barriers (à la Marx).
Accumulation can be blocked by excessive debt accumulation, unused
industrial capacity, and pessimistic expectations (on the demand side) or
by bottlenecks in labor-power or natural-resource or (in the short run)
fixed capital-goods markets or environmental disasters (on the supply side).

Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] &  http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~jdevine