It was mildly exciting to hear a story yesterday on US National Public
Radio about _me_, or at least about people like me. The story is about
how more and more people in the US are going on-line to check out the
Guardian Unlimited site (and others, like the Canadian Broadcasting site)
to get a different perspective on the news than the one that we in the US
get through the official media. The piece ended by saying that just as
the Gulf War pushed cable news to its prominence, the "war against
terrorism" might do the same for the web.
-- Jim Devine