From: Yoshie Furuhashi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 7:28 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PEN-L:20178] Re: What is to be done about Everything?

Gar:

>Carrol - I think you are overlooking the demand here. We are dealing
>with a government doing the wrong thing against terrorist who have
>killed a lot of people in the U.S. and successfully terrorized them.
>We are opposed to the evil things this government is doing in
>response. We need to be able to answer the question: "what would
>you do if you were in charge?".  People simply will not consider
>anyone a serious critic who refuses to answer this question.

The subjunctive gives you away.  The question is not serious as it is
contrary to facts.
--
Yoshie

* Calendar of Anti-War Events in Columbus:
<http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>
* Anti-War Activist Resources:
<http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html>
* Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osu.edu/students/CJP/>