Lawrence McGuire writes:
>If Argentina was a gold mine for international investors, why should the
'free market globalization model' be questioned? Who created and implemented
the 'free market globalization model'? It worked for the people who devised
it, didn't it? Isn't the IMF controlled by the US Government, which is
controlled mainly by rich individuals and big corporations? The IMF
employees managed the Argentine economy for the benefit of their bosses in
the U.S., and apparently did a damn good job. So why should the model be
questioned?<

well, if there's enough social disorder in Argentina, even the IMF  --
which, as McGuire points out, hasn't really made mistakes by its own
standards -- will realize that its own standards are too narrow even from
the perspective of capital or financial capital. That is, the IMF has done a
very good job as the enforcer for financial capital (though of course it's
been horrible for the people involved) but movement toward revolution may
convince the IMF that being an enforcer isn't enough.

Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] &  http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~jdevine