>CB: Are you including Victor Perlo and P.I. Nikitin among orthodox
>marxists ? You aren't claiming that they and other orthodox Marxists
>claim that Keynesian measures will end the business cycle , are you ?

I am not including nor excluding Perlo, though my sense is that along
side his often tremendoulsy helfpul presentations of data (including
on the continuing problems of racism) he was commited to an
underconsumption theory which makes it difficult to see why and how
Keynesian demand management cannot succeed in the long run. Which is
not to say that he believed that it would not fail. But I don't have
Superprofits and Crises with me. So do elaborate on Perlo's
contributions.
Rakesh