Michael Pollak:

> But seriously, Sabri -- is there is a chance
> in hell that the Turkish military will ever
> enter a war on the same side as the Kurds of
> Northern Iraq?  Everyone knows the Kurds have
> been obsessively single-minded about wanting
> an independent Kurdistan for at least a century.
> And I thought that was the last thing on earth
> the Turkish military wants to see happen. No?

You never know my friend. Didn't I tell in my previous post that
all personal probability distributions regarding the future are
subjective? We better ask this question to our game theoretician
friends. Those who are in cut-throat competition today may find a
strategy change towards cooperative competition attractive
tomorrow. Is this not true?

On the other hand, I agree with you. I don't care about what
Safire says. What I care about is what the Turkish officials say.
During WWI, it was the most irrational thing to do for the
Ottoman Empire to enter the war on the side of Germany and they
did. They could have chosen the other side or stayed neutral or
what have you. Don't expect too much rationality from us
easterners I would say.

By the way, I have doubts about westerners' rationality as well.

Best,
Sabri