In a message dated Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:34:37 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Devine, James"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I wrote: >> As far as I can tell, there's no logical argument either for or
> against the existence of "god."<<
>
> Carrol:
> > The presumption is always that X doesn't exist; hence the absence of
> > convincing arguments against the existence of X is in no way evidence
> > that X exists.
>
> that's why my working hypothesis -- the one I put into practice in my life
> -- is that there's no god (or goddess) even though I'm an agnostic.
>
> Of course, when I get up to heaven Shiva will send me back as a cockroach.
>
> which of course means that I (and my fellow roaches) will inherit the earth.
>
> JD

Uuuuhhhh . . . . "Roaches of the World Unite!?"
Anyone familiar with the 9 or 10 books by Zecharia Sitchin, compiled under the title
"The Earth Chronciles?" He has a new book out, which I will pick up this weekend on
translations from Sumerian text.