>Drewk wrote:
> >
> > Justin, Gil,  Michael,  Doug:
> >
> > I am still waiting for my questions and challenges to be answered.
> > If you can refute me, do so.  If not, admit that you cannot.

Andrew, I haven't the energy or inclination to debate with you or Charles on
the matter. I've read your work and learned from it, but I don't agree. I'm
not an economist, I'm a practicing lawyer, I do econ on the side. I mainly
thought about this stuff ages ago when I was a prof (stuill not an
economist, I was a philosophy professor) and had the time to think about
things that didn't interest me directly and I wasn't getting paid to do. I
came to the conlusion that, so far as I could understand it, the Sraffan
criqtique was about right, and it dovetailed with my own conclsuion that as
far as I could see, you can say everything I wanted to say in Marx without
value theory, That was not arrived at by an internal critique but by the
experience of saying it without VT. I still am not taht interested in VT,
but I'm not going to admit "defeat"; lots of people I respect, including
Gil, seem to agree with me, and I will defer to them. If I was more
interested, I'd try again. But I suspect that nonething anyone could say
would sway you. jks